My work with WHO has included helping to re-establish nursing systems in countries affected by armed conflict, including the former Yugoslavia. Family connections in Iraq deepened my knowledge of the impact of conflict and health, and led me to health peace work. Examples include:
· Researching, co-writing and editing reports on health in Iraq for the British charity Medact. www.medact.org
· Evaluation of a primary health care programme in Iraq for Irish Aid.
· Report on the health impacts of conflict in Sri Lanka.
· Open learning course on Medical Peace Work.
· An innovative, exciting and empowering open learning course on Medical Peace Work. www.medicalpeacework.org